Pick and Avoid: Week 1

Originally published at: https://esportsone.com/blog/lol-fantasy-pick-avoid-week-1-summer-2020/

The two most important questions when building your E1 Fantasy Lineup: Who do I pick? Who do I not pick? Well we heard you mumbling these questions to yourself and are giving you some help. Who to avoid is just as important as to who you flock towards as you need to make sure your whole lineup is set to pop-off, from Top to Team. We are giving you one player/team from each position to target and another one to run as far away from as you possibly can. Choose wisely!

LoL top lane icon

Top Lane

Pick

Finn – Rogue $260,000 (Vs XL & MSF)

We know Finn can straight up ball. We saw him be Top 3 at the position in 2019 even though he couldn’t repeat it last Spring. But what if I told you his in-lane matchups this week featured a player making his LEC debut, XL Kryze, and got a rematch against the weak link of Misfits that Finn put up a combined 11/3/17 line on in the 3 playoff wins? Now we talking.

Avoid

Jenax – SK Gaming $230,000 (vs OG & S04)

LoL Jungler Icon

Jungle

Pick

Jankos – G2 Esports $360,000 (vs MAD & OG)

Jankos is honestly the Fantasy MVP. Even if he isn’t the highest scoring player overall, the points he gives you from a non-Mid/Bot position is just incredibly valuable. His price reflects that, but if you can afford him, scoop him up real quick.

Avoid

Meteos – 100 Thieves $250,000 (vs EG & C9)

LoL Mid Lane Icon

Mid Lane

Pick

Caps – G2 Esports $380,000 (vs MAD & OG)

I mean… come on, its Caps. The only thing that can prevent him from being the top scoring player on the week is if his teammate Perkz killsteals and leaves Caps with Assists. I imagine we are going to see Caps show off in his back-to-mid debut, making his owners very very happy.

Avoid

Nukeduck – Origen $270,000 (vs SK & G2)

LoL bot lane icon

Bot Lane

Pick

Bang – Evil Geniuses $280,000 (vs 100 & CLG)

Bang is very good. He finished with the 2nd best KDA in the LCS, only behind Zven, and finished with the 4th most Kills in the LCS. 100 Thieves may have been the higher seed in Spring, but I’m calling an easy 2-0 week for EG here and see Bang leading the charge.

Avoid

WildTurtle – FlyQuest $250,000 (vs C9 & IMT)

LoL Support Icon

Support

Pick

Huhi – Golden Guardians $100,000 (vs DIG & TL)

GG’s converted Support experiment did not start well in Spring. However, Huhi has already proved that he is an improvement on Keith in the position. Additionally, FBI has shown that he can more than hold his own in Bot. Buying FBI’s partner in two winnable matches for just $100k is one amazing deal.

Avoid

![CoreJJ Team Liquid no background|784x621](upload://vWeIYaQ2irUGZpLvtm6t6gecqEg.png)

CoreJJ – Team Liquid $150,000 (vs TSM & GG)

Team

Pick

Team SoloMid $280,000 (vs TL & DIG)

Remember that 13-0 start record that C9 failed to beat in the last split? Yeah that record was set by TSM the last time Bjergsen, Doublelift and Biofrost were all on the same team. This team won’t even come close to that record this split, but they can beat two teams that both missed Spring Playoffs in TL and DIG.

Avoid

Origen LEC Logo no background

Origen $270,000 (vs SK & G2)

New to Fantasy?