Pick and Avoid: Playoffs Week 2

Originally published at: https://esportsone.com/blog/pick-avoid-p2-summer-2020/

Important Playoff Updates:

• Lineups lock this THURSDAY @ 1 PM PT
  • LCS Teams in the upper bracket have the opportunity to play 2 series during this contest if they lose their first series. This is called the “Guardian Angel” Schedule (GA)
  • To account for the Best of 5 Series’, we take the 3 highest game scores for each player for their fantasy scores on the week

See Playoff Rules & Scoring for all changes: Read Here

The two most important questions when building your E1 Fantasy Lineup: Who do I pick? Who do I not pick? Well we heard you mumbling these questions to yourself and are giving you some help. Who to avoid is just as important as to who you flock towards as you need to make sure your whole lineup is set to pop-off, from Top to Team. We are giving you one player/team from each position to target and another one to run as far away from as you possibly can. Choose wisely!

LoL top lane icon

Top Lane

Pick

wunder g2 esports

Wunder – G2 Esports $270,000 (vs MAD)

We have now seen 4-straight 20+ point games from Wunder, the only LEC Top to accomplish the feat this year. He did it on a different Champion each time (including Dr. Mundo!). You can’t plan against this guy, instead, you can only try to contain him. Facing against a struggling Orome as G2 is the hottest they have been all year, Wunder is a contender to lead the entire position this week.

Avoid

Orome – MAD Lions $260,000 (vs G2)

Orome’s recent struggles have flown under the radar. He has averaged 8.1 points in losses and has failed to reach 14 points in 4 of his last 5 games.

LoL Jungler Icon

Jungle

Pick

santorin flyquest

Santorin – Flyquest $300,000 (vs C9 and EG if they lose)

After leading the entire LCS in Kill Participation, Santorin should be licking his chops at the chance of taking down C9 this weekend. FLY ranked 1st in Kills during Summer, C9 was 2nd, which means there will be lots of Kills. There is no way that Santorin will have another 5 game series with only 3 Kills, and even if he struggles against C9 the Guardian Angel schedule lets him pad the stats with EG. Dream scenario here.

Avoid

Spica TSM

Spica – Team SoloMid $230,000 (vs TL/GG)

People may want to run to Spica after his strong performance last week, but a wild 10/2/8 Nidalee game inflated that score (which I do NOT expect to see happen again).

LoL Mid Lane Icon

Mid Lane

Pick

caps g2 esports

Caps – G2 Esports $330,000 (vs MAD)

We all know G2 vs MAD is going to be an absolute fantasy-point fiesta. The two teams are tied for 1st among all remaining teams in Combined Kills per Minute. G2 is second of all teams in Kills per Win and MAD Lions gives up the most Kills in Losses of any remaining team. Lots of points will be scored, and if G2 wins (which I believe they will), you know where they will end up.

Avoid

bjergsen tsm

Bjergsen – Team SoloMid $300,000 (vs TL/GG)

If Bjergsen’s previous week had included just the GG series, he would’ve only put up 48. And now we are seeing him playing non-Kill Champions like Sett and Twisted Fate (accounts for 3 of last 4 games). I am out.

LoL bot lane icon

Bot Lane

Pick

perkz g2 esports

Perkz – G2 Esports $330,000 (vs MAD)

Go ahead and copy/paste everything I just said about Caps here. It isn’t a matter of ‘if’ Caps and Perkz can do well. It is just a matter of which of the two will lead all players in scoring if G2 wins this bloody series.

Avoid

FBI Golden Guardians

FBI – Golden Guardians $3000,000 (vs TL & TSM if they lose)

FBI will be looking to repeat last week’s success where he led the sweep of TSM. Well, that ‘career-defining’ performance only netted him 57 points across the weekend. If he recreates that magic like he wants to, you will be disappointed.

LoL Support Icon

Support

Pick

kaiser mad lions

Kaiser – MAD Lions $160,000 (vs G2)

Don’t let the week off let you forget how good Kaiser is. In his last 8 games, he has only failed to score 10 points once, shocking considering the few losses in that span. He is an absolute playmaker and will be a big reason as to why MAD beats G2 if that were to happen. The tough matchup brings his price lower than it has ever been before, which will not be the case next week if he is to win.

Avoid

Vander Schalke 04

Vander – Rogue $130,000 (vs FNC)

An amazing real-life player, all of Vander’s skills don’t translate over to fantasy. Most notably, his 60.7% KP puts him 2nd lowest of all LEC Supports.

Team

Pick

flyquest logo

Flyquest $300,000 (vs C9 & EG if they lose)

FLY was 1 point off of leading the position last week, and they didn’t even take advantage of their GA schedule. Now I expect them to have 2 series to get their 3 commanding wins, including a matchup against the team they just put up 80 against last week. FLY is the biggest 3-win lock on the slate.

Avoid

Golden Guardians Logo

Golden Guardians $280,000 (vs TL & TSM if they lose)

It sounds odd saying this after a 3-0 of TSM, but I didn’t like what I saw from GG last week. They became much more creative in their win conditions, going away from racking up objectives. That works for real-life, not fantasy.

New to fantasy?