Data Science Expert, Tim Sevenhuysen Joins Esports One

Originally published at: https://esportsone.com/blog/tim-sevenhuysen-joins-esports-one/

We’re super excited to announce our newest secret weapon: Tim Sevenhuysen!

Tim is in our Santa Monica HQ this week to get fully immersed into everything we’re working on.

Keep reading below for a personal note from Tim as well as more about his background.

Tim Sevenhuysen Named Head of Esports Data Science at Esports One

Sevenhuysen will be responsible for all of Esports One’s data collection, processing, analysis, reporting, and presentation in internal and external tools, products, and content.

Since founding Oracle’s Elixir in 2015, Sevenhuysen has been an esports analytics pioneer, revered as an expert and consistently tapped by the likes of MIT’s Sloan Sports Analytics Conference and Esports Rising for insights and commentary on the industry. He has been profiled in publications such as Vice and VentureBeat and appeared on podcasts from MIT, The Esports Observer, and more.

Sevenhuysen has worked as a Statistical Consultant for Fnatic, has written for theScore esports and Unikrn, and was most recently the Head of Shadow at Dojo Madness.

A note from Tim Sevenhuysen: 

I’m incredibly excited to join Esports One as the Head of Esports Data Science.

In many ways, this will be a return to my esports roots. When I founded Oracle’s Elixir, I did it purely out of passion for esports, passion for analytics, and an opportunity to contribute something to an industry I’d been participating in since way back in the pre-Twitch, pre-YouTube days of watching professional South Korean Starcraft in the middle of the night. From the start, it has been amazing to see my work resonate with so many people.

I’ve spent the last few years working deeply with professional teams and broadcasters in League of Legends, CS:GO, and Dota 2. That has been rewarding, but it also took me away from some of the community-facing work that originally brought me into esports. I’m looking forward to spending more time creating analytical content, like articles, infographics, and podcasts, while innovating new analytical approaches, statistical metrics, and data feeds not only for professionals, but for everyone, from fans and viewers to streamers to solo queue warriors.

My personal goal in esports has always been to help push the entire industry forward, not only by being a leader myself, but also by equipping more of the community with the data, access, and knowledge they need to get involved and build on each other’s work. The tools, products, and content we put out through Esports One are going to do just that, enhancing the esports experience for brand new fans, seasoned professionals, and everyone in between. I can’t wait to see where that journey takes us.

Tim Sevenhuysen

Tweet

About Esports One:

Esports One uses tech and data to simplify the esports experience at every level of gameplay.

Through proprietary computer vision technology, machine learning, and historical datasets, Esports One offers real-time, interactive tools for event broadcasters, streamers, and fans in esports. The company plans to add support for additional esports game titles in 2019. Esportspedia, the leading wiki for competitive esports, is a subsidiary of Esports One. Founded in 2017 by Matthew Gunnin, Esports One is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA.

To learn more, visit Esports One and follow on Twitter